Lazada Philippines

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

On my Way to the Altar: A Sto.Niño de Tondo Visit

When ever I have a chance to visit Sto. Niño de Tondo Parish, I always make sure that I will walk my way to the altar, a replica of Sto. Nino de Cebu, which is located at the upper level of the said church where one can see the replica closer and make a wish!


It is just some few steps, but it’ll take you some minutes, depending on the number of visitors who like to knock on the altar behind the bars and make a wish for themselves and for their families.


They say that this Señor Sto. Niño answers one’s wishes, no wonder a lot of his devotees really took time in lining up and following the trail to the altar.

Here are some of the photos that I took on my way to the altar:


They say that if you have broken replicas of saint, it is safe to put it all here instead of throwing them away or keeping them in you houses. I dunno why, but I saw quite a lot of them there, old saint replicas, broken rosaries and old Bibles.


Aside from the altar, you can enjoy the wonderful colors of people around this eye-catching church of Tondo, Manila – don’t be afraid just be cautious.


Visitors can buy some colored wishing candles at a very affordable price. Or one’s can buy those who have human figures, though a little creepy, I think.


Colored balloons filling the space above while colored birds that are caged and more replicas of the Sto. Niño are being sold on the streets surrounding this church.

 

And if your stomach quench, enjoy some local delicacies such as suman and kalamay that can be bought at a very friendly price.


I hope if you have some time, feel free to explore Sto. Niño de Tondo Parish, the center of religion here in Tondo, Manila.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...