Lazada Philippines

Thursday, February 24, 2011

18th Travel Tour Expo 2011

Dubbed as Around the World in Three Days, this 18th Travel Tour Expo 2011 was brought to us by Philippine Travel Agencies Association (PTAA) in cooperation with a dozen of travel agencies, airlines, cruise lines, international and local tour operators, hotels, resorts, some government agencies and travel shops last February 18 to 20 at SM Mall of Asia - SMX.


It was first time to attend such exhibit of wonderful offers and I'm honestly saying that if it happened that I have a lot of money (or my credit card can afford it) that day, I think I booked like five trips that day. Hahaha. But since I'm already booked for a Bacolod-Iloilo-Gumaiaras trip on the second half of the year, I only went to this expo for the mere experience and to get some free infos about those three places that I'm about to discover.

The entrance fee is Php50.00, I think its the same as last year. 



Inside the four halls of SMX, which housed 450 booths for this expo, I saw these stuff that I though might interest travelers like me. :-)


I even saw some interesting stuff like these figures that were loitering inside the halls and some exhibit that showcased the unique features of the places they are offering.


It was also my first time to see that the Department of Tourism now carries the tagline "Pilipinas, Tara na!", which I find kinda off. Watchatink?


And, lucky me, I saw with my two eyes, for the very first time, the dancing flight attendants of Cebu Pacific! Wooho! Cool!



But despite of  all the cool stuff that I saw here, I was disappointed to see that the Batanes trip that I'm eying for me and my friends was already sold out - sadness. And also, as I learned that there's no Western Visayas booth, which I though could help me on my trip was also a no-show - double sadness. Actually, I find it weird because there was the Central Visayas booth, and also the Eastern Visayas booth but, really, no Western Visayas booth. SUCKS!

There were a lot of hotel and resort booths for Boracay, which I kind felt OA. I hope next year the organizers will make sure that every region of the country has their representative/s in this expo and I hope that they somehow minimize or control the number of booths for a specific place. I mean, like, hello, Boracay is not the only place here in the country, right? I have nothing against Boracay, I just wish to see more. :-P


So, there! 

I think the only thing that I can suggest to you when you come and see this expo next year, check first the website/s of the establishment/s that you wanna see, because some of the promos that were given on this three-day expo were also available on their websites - like the ones from Cebu PacificSea Air and AirPhil Express.

Happy Rammmpa! Summer is so here! :-P





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...