Lazada Philippines

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

The Towering Beauty of Cape Bolinao

Since my great Northern Luzon adventure where I get to see and experience the creepy beauty of the Cape Bojeador, I somehow developed this fascination towards lighthouses. And since that day, I find myslef in the hunt of other lighthouses in the country, and one of the latest hunts for me was the Cape Bolinao of Bolinao, Pangasinan.


Other than the bountifulness of our seas, the beauty of our great coastal lines, including white-sand beaches, if there's one man-made thing that make our coastal provinces make look more fascinating and intriguing, I personally think that lighthouses are one of them.


From its prestige looks that symbolizes power and triumph back in the early days, we now consider these architectural beauties a part of our heritage and culture that are still standing strong until now.


Though, sadly, most of them now are not really working, taking time to see some of these towering beauties will definitely bring you back in time and will make you feel how prosperous our country was during the time when maritime trading is at its peak.

Bolinao Lighthouse or Cape Bolinao is may main reason why I joined a group of bloggers in experiencing the wonders of Bolinao, Pangasinan. And true enough, with the pictures that I saw before our trip  that are showing how serene and inviting the whole province is, I find myself at peace staring and capturing a part of  the beauty of this place.


Standing right in front of the tower, you will see these solar panels, which I believe is still working. I'm just not sure if these panels help the lighthouse work, but if so, I really think that that this is a good idea. Of course, you can't go over the fence because it might be dangerous, but you can clearly take a look at it and somehow examine how it works. Behind it was a small leisure area where you rest and enjoy the scenic beauty of the Bolinao coast.


At the back of the of tower, there are ruins of something like quarters or offices. Tarnished and aged, I have this impression of the place being kept well, still, because you can't see any garbage near the area nor fallen dry leaves. 


And just like the Cape Bojeador of Ilocos, I kinda like these ruins because they add this creepy feel around the area that makes Cape Bolinao more interesting to tourists like me. I'm just not sure again if this ruins hold some sort of creepy ghost stories like Cape Bojedaor, but if so, well, ghost stories' lovers, come and visit this place! Its is safe to go around but just don't be too foolish to push you luck! :-)

It was such a pleasure to finally see this lighthouse here in Bolinao, Pangasinan. I'm sure that this is not the last lighthouse that I will see for I think there are about hundreds of them around the country, and I'm pretty sure that I will see this place again pretty soon! :-)

Thank you, Bolinao, Pangasinan and Puerto Del Sol!
Happy Rammmpa!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...