But before you head out and enjoy the sun, sea and sand, make sure that you are also ready to face the challenges brought by our “world-renowned” airports. I listed down 10 of the funny things about our airports – about Philippine airports.
1. We have so many gates, but only few are open.
2. Guards are not familiar or well oriented with most of the things/happenings inside the airport.
3. In NAIA, you have to take a shuttle bus to get to your airplane.
4. In provinces, instead of diners, you'll see a lot of “pasalubong” stores and “carinderias” around the airport. Tricycles and its terminals are also to be found instead of taxis and taxi bays.
5. Some domestic airports look like schools or libraries and canteens! - Chakaness!
It’s sad that before you see the beauty of our country, you have to pass through this state. :-(
6. Paying Terminal Fees. There's no airport in the Philippines that has no Terminal Fee. NKKLK!
7. Most of our airports don't comply with the international standards - floor area, runway length and technical facilities.
8. Most luggage scanners are useless. #epicfacepalm
9. Due to limited space, most waiting areas are SRO (Standing Room Only).
10. Majority of flights are delayed.
(from the web)
Public-Private partnership has done so many great things in the country, how come in the aeronautics industry, we can’t facilitate it well? It’s about time that these people work together instead of pointing fingers when there are issues and disasters.
Wake up, people! Our country is so beautiful, let's share it to the world with all mighty and glory!
Happy Rammmpa, everyone!
P.S. Some photos are not exactly airport photos and some are old photos from my travels, they are used to add visuals (and some pleasure) to this article.